An increasing number of employers and corporations focus on employee health and wellness to get their employees and plan members to engage in healthy behavior as a way to reduce healthcare and health insurance costs. In turn, an increasing amount of employers are looking for human resources and benefits professionals with experience in employee health and wellness programs. This need will increase as more employers expand their wellness programs. Every corporate culture is different; therefore, wellness programs must be uniquely created for each specific corporate culture.
The Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist® is a certification of expertise offered by the Corporate Health & Wellness Association (CHWA). The certification requires 10 Modules of training/classes and can be completed either live in-person at a CHWA event or online.
In order to maintain certification after the required training, Certified Corporate Wellness Specialists® must complete five hours per year of continuing education credits to stay up-to-date with industry best-practices and standards.
Click here to see what you will be learning with the Core Competencies of the certification!
Who Will Benefit from this Certification?
- HR/Benefits Directors or Wellness Managers
- Agents, Brokers or Consultants
- Insurance/Healthcare Industry Professionals
Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist® Program Benefits Are:
- Learn best-practices from some of the most successful corporate wellness programs
- Discover different types of wellness programs available to employers
- Identify wellness programs best-suited for specific corporate cultures
- Gain knowledge about ways to communicate a wellness program to employees and plan members
- Learn innovative methods for motivating and engaging employees and plan members
- Calculate ROI in wellness
- Utilize social media and gaming in wellness
Benefits for Employers/Corporations:
By requiring or covering the cost of certification, you are ensuring that your staff has the most updated wellness policies and that best-practices are implemented for your employees. Certified wellness staff can help your organization maintain a competitive edge through lower healthcare costs and a better bottom line due to employee engagement in their health and wellness plans.
- Staying healthy
- Reducing absences
- Happier employees
- Lower healthcare/insurance costs
The CHWA provides the Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist® designation to professionals who:
- Pass an online 100-question exam
- Meet educational requirements
- Update their wellness credentials through continuing education credits in order to maintain the Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist® designation
- 10 Modules of continuing education required per (two year) re-certification period
- Automatic Renewal Fee $150
For more information, please contact us at
[email protected] or call 561.204.3676